Catching up with the past

I have since move on from Madrasah education. I felt that what I have contributed is enough for a person, though in hindsight I should have done more. Not a feeling of frustration but one of yearning...

Still, my heart yearns for it. So I'm keeping in touch with those I have work it. Unfortunately, the program is moving turtle slow these days. When I left, we were waiting for the first batch of elementary graduates. Many regions have since churn out three (3) batches. When's the secondary going to start?

We may have been intoxicated by initial success and beginning to feel comfortable with the status quo. The initial "trailblazing" mind ossified? I hope not. After years in operation, have we not perfected its administrative loopholes that is now the main culprit in delays?

Time to grow. Learning from past and present mistakes and taking stock of these lessons are part of growing up. It used to be that "stagnation" was alien to us. We were moving forward by leaps and bounds. Forward we should.

In closing, I'd like to put a thought into writing. How I appreciate so much the work of regional and division coordinators. Many are full-fledged supervisors and our program is just an additional task they can simply refused but did not. Unlike other programs where the motivation was largely monetary from the MOOE or M&E funds or honorarium, here there is none.

What I have seen and salute them for is simply their commitment to make a difference, their determination to contribute positively, where they find satisfaction in seeing Muslim kids learning their language and culture, not anymore castigated for being a Moro or Muslim, but nurtured to be one.

On this Muslim new year, I wish them all a blessed year ahead - personal health, positive family relations, and satisfaction in seeing others fulfilled their dreams.

ALIVE we shall remain, to serve and to be self-less ...

No comments:

Post a Comment